Welcome to a website for Stanley Bae of Orange County, California. Apart from his life as a successful businessman, Stanley Bae of Orange County, California is a lover of food and travel. Always enjoying recommending the top eateries and destinations in Orange County, Stanley Bae decided to develop a website dedicated to sharing some of his favorite spots. Future blog posts will dive deep into detail on everything from the best date night restaurants to the best surfing spots in the county.
When it comes to food, Stanley Bae of Orange County, California is passionate about sharing some of the top spots in the area as they look to recover in the aftermath of a pandemic. Before COVID-19, the Orange County restaurant scene was beginning to accumulate praise from food critics across the country. The restaurants in Orange County have become a big of a reason to travel to the area as the beautiful beaches. Below are some of Bae’s favorites.
- Garlic and Chives
- Garlic and Chives resides in Garden Grove, California and is a favorite amongst locals. Serving gourmet Asian Fusion cuisine, this unassuming strip mall restaurant brings incredible flavors at unbelievable prices. Diners can enjoy everything from Vietnamese hot pots and seafood specialties to delicious smoothies.
- Mix Mix Kitchen Bar
- One of the fastest growing hot spots in the area is Mix Mix Kitchen Bar out of Santa Ana. The restaurant has earned critical success as a recipient of a Goldie Food Award for Best New Restaurant and a nomination for Chef of the Year. Not only does the menu take guests on a creative journey, but the hand-crafted cocktails may just be the best in the area. The chef is also known for producing some of the finest desserts in California, so be sure to save room for dessert.
- You cannot get too far into a list of the best Orange County restaurants without mentioning a great place for authentic Mexican cuisine. Out of Tustin, CA, Chaak is the brainchild of Executive Chef Gabbi Patrick who has roots in the Yucatan peninsula. The difference between most Mexican restaurants and Chaak is that the Yucatecan roots bring elements of Mediterranean, Spanish, and Caribbean cuisine. The mixture of influences brings about rarely combined spices and out of this world flavor.
- Located in Costa Mesa, California, Vaca has long been a local favorite. It became a larger tourist destination after chef Amar Santana appeared on television’s Top Chef. With a menu full of Spanish inspired delights, there is a great mix of California comfort with Spanish flavor. Guests are encouraged to come with an appetite and a thirst as the wine list is amongst the best in the county.
- Louie’s By the Bay
- Stanley Bae would argue that not many views match the beauty of Newport Beach. Louie’s By the Bay provides picturesque views for diners as they enjoy classic Italian cuisine. The pastas, steaks and chops are a close runner up to the beautiful ambiance of Louie’s by The Bay
Future blog posts will dive deeper into these spots as well as other Orange County favorites, but the five restaurants above speak to the breadth of quality in the area. Speaking of quality, here are five of the top travel destinations in Orange County, California.
- Laguna Beach
- There is nothing quite like the beaches in Laguna Beach, California. With seven miles of unrivaled coastline, there is plenty of reason to spend the entire day on the beach. Guests are frequently seen traversing the sea caves and tide pools that the beach is known for. The surrounding town has plenty of restaurants, art galleries and shopping options as well, but be sure to return to the beach to take in the sunset!
- Anaheim is home to the world-famous Disneyland Resort. While the park is much smaller than its Florida counterpart, there is still plenty of fun to be had for people of all ages. Star Wars: Galaxy Edge and Space Mountain are the biggest attractions inside the park. Many guests simply buy a ticket to Disney After Dark to take in a breathtaking fireworks display.
- Huntington Beach
- Huntington Beach is known throughout the world as Surf City USA. A lot of tourists’ head to Huntington Beach to learn how to surf as instructors line the beaches. There are also plenty of experienced surfers who love being around fellow surfers. Huntington Beach frequently hosts competitions, so it is wise to check before traveling down to the beach. There are bike trails along the beach and even a section of beach that is dedicated to you and your dog.
- Santa Catalina Island
- When it comes to romantic getaways future places on earth can rival Santa Catalina Island. Located 26 miles off the coast, the Catalina Express ferry takes travelers from Newport Beach to the island. There are ample options for fun activities like sea kayaking and scuba diving. Guests are also frequently spotted at the Descanso Beach Club where they can rent a private cabana and enjoy food and drink delivered right to their lounge chair. Whether guests are looking for the best in relaxation or the best in adventure, Santa Catalina Island has something to enjoy.
If you liked reading about these options and are excited to learn more about the beauty and adventure to take in during a visit to Orange County, be sure to visit the blog frequently. It will be updated to include new eateries and emerging destinations. There is never a dull moment in Orange County and Stanley Bae will cover it all.