Orange County, California, is perfect for visiting during all four seasons. It offers the perfect combination of sandy beaches and mild-year-round temperature. But still, the best time would depend on your interests. From having the best experience in luxurious spas to enjoying surfing, it has a lot to offer travel enthusiasts.
Winter time – months of December, January, and February
When visiting Orange County during this time, you can enjoy its beauty to the fullest. If you are bored of snow and icy cold regions, the warmth of this place would be great to visit. Though winter isn’t the right time to chill in the ocean, there are options for outdoor recreations. In this, Crystal Cove State Park and Newport Beach are the best for hiking.
The annual events such as Newport Beach Christmas Traditions are worth visiting during this time. Other events include Lighting of the Bay at Newport Dunes and Fashion Island’s Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Party.
You may experience occasional snowfall during this time, so it is better to get your boots along. Enjoy the wood fire and red wine with family and friends. If looking for outdoor adventures, don’t miss trying mountain trail biking or visiting Lake Canobolas and Mount Canobolas. Walking amidst bush in locations like Ophir and Federal Falls would be perfect for enjoying the beauty of the winter in Orange County.
Spring Season – Months of March, April, and May
Are you looking for a quiet gateway with a fantastic gateway to enjoy Orange County in its full glory? In that case, spring is the secret season when temperatures remain between 50 and 60 degrees. If hiking is your favorite outdoor recreation, there are several options for having a splendid time.
Stanley Bae suggests trying the fantastic cuisine from around the world. It has almost everything you crave, from global cuisine to authentic American eats and others. So, don’t miss trying the Newport Beach Restaurants. There won’t be a huge crowd outside the eating joints.
The sign of spring arriving is one of the romantic scenes to witness here. The pleasant temperature gives rise to blossoming flowers with mesmerizing sceneries.
- The parks have traditional Victorian trees, straight in line. In Cook Park, the Park Guildry shouldn’t be missed
- The ‘Bastick Cottage’ has evidence of local craftsmanship
- The botanical gardens should be included in your list. Be it a walk or a picnic, this place has its charm
- The village of Carcoar is just a short drive from Millthorpe and a wonderful place to explore
- The famous Western Plain Zoo is another option to try
Is it right to visit during the summer months?
Stanley Bae of Orange County, California, believes the summer months are famous here. Even though the temperature remains high, it is perfect for spending outdoors and exploring California beaches. The place will be a little crowded at this time, but the area’s beauty is worth visiting.
During this time, beach surfing is a must-try fun activity. Stanley Bae suggests the beginners take a surfing lesson before going for it. If you want to try some serious surfing activities, the northernmost point of Balboa Peninsula is suitable.
Enjoy picking berries at farms, and one of them is Huntley Berry Farm. You can visit this for berry picking from October to April. You can have the sweetest strawberries during this time. It has an adjoining café to spend quality time with friends and family. Lake Canobolas offers an excellent walk, just 35 minutes from this café. This lake blooms in its full form almost during all seasons.
Is it worth visiting California in the fall time?
The fall season, from September to November, is another option for a quiet getaway. Even though tourism falls during this time, it is a good time to experience to place. The sunny days and the skies would be in full beauty to enjoy at the shore. The Newport Beach Thanksgiving would be perfect for enjoying at this time.
Here, you can witness the Autumnal change in color of leaves and how the gardens and parks display their color in full form. Cook Park, Elephant Park, and Campbell’s Corner are some of the best places to enjoy the place’s charm. Autumn is also a busy time for the local producing sectors. You can get apples, pears, figs, olives, and saffron throughout the year.
List of popular beaches to Explore in Orange County
Communities you shouldn’t miss when going to Orange County are:
- Laguna Beach – The place was home to painters, artists, and photographers. It is mainly due to the picturesque coastline of coves and pools and magical light that helps the artists use their creative minds.
- Irvine – Irvine is the largest city, and the University of California is located here. People here mostly belong to Asian descent, and one can try noodles, dim sum, and other cuisines in the city restaurants here.
- Huntington Beach – It is at the northern end of the country and a famous place for surfers. Here, you can explore Bolsa Chica Wetlands and 390 different species.
- Newport Beach – This casual beach town is famous for its happening shopping destinations. Here, Manmade Balboa Island is a must-visit place.
- Anaheim – This closely joins Disney’s California Adventure Park and is a famous place to include in your itinerary to Orange County.
The city’s international airport, John Wayne Airport, is well connected to its 20 cities across North America. You can also take the Los Angeles Airport, which takes less than an hour by car from Huntington Beach or Anaheim. Besides public transport and Uber, local taxi service is convenient and easy to rent to explore various destinations in the city. So, no matter the time of the year, Orange County has a lot to offer its travelers and help them create the best memories on the trip. This is what Stanley Bae of Orange County would suggest a traveler plan for the journey.